BUSHFIRE – ADVICE 5
MYRGATROYD TRACK FIRE
Thursday, 17 December 2009 1000hrs
EXPIRATION: Thursday, 17 December 2009 1300hrs
CFA/DSE advise that there is fire activity in State forest,16 kilometres south-west of Cann River.
• This fire is 200 hectares in size, is being controlled and is not currently threatening any communities. It is within control lines, which are being consolidated ahead of the predicted change and strong winds this afternoon.
• Smoke may be affecting the towns of Cann River, Club Terrace, Bemm River and surrounding areas and is visible from other parts of East Gippsland.
• Smoke may also affect the Princes Highway between Cabbage Tree Creek and Cann River during the day. Motorists are advised to slow down and turn on their headlights if they encounter smoke.
What to do:
• If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Human Services advises people to seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
• Stay Informed: For general information about bushfires and smoke, contact the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667, or check www.cfa.vic.gov.au or www.dse.vic.gov.au . For information on how smoke from bushfires can affect your health and the precautions to take, check www.dhshealth.vic.gov.au/bushfire.
Information about fire restrictions, fire bans and fires on public land can be found at www.cfa.vic.gov.au